Friday, January 26, 2007

A Tribute to Sengkang Secondary

What a ride it has been. The time passed by so fast and before I know it, my contract has ended and its time to move on. I can only think of the good memories that I have with the teachers and students that I have interacted with over the past year. These are memories that I will treasure till the end of time. It seems like only yesterday that I first stepped into the school. I was out of job @ that time and I just got my degree. Thanks to Martin who pulled me in. I came to the school on the 16th of March 2006 and not knowing what to expect of me. Nevertheless, it was Sharizal who introduced me to some of the teachers who were in the school at that time. The first teacher I knew was Faezah and by 4th month, I knew almost all the teachers in the school! And not forgetting the EAS and students as well!

My memories with Sengkang Secondary will be of the times when I did the IPW for Sec 3. The theme was Harmony & Discord. I had to teach 3E1, 3E5, 3N7 and 3N8. 3E1 had to do a website, 3E5 had to do an audio presentation and 3N7 and 3N8 had to do a Flash advertisement. Each class had different students with different attitudes towards their school work and it gave me the opportunity to interact with them and giving them support. Naturally since I came from a band, I needed to know who the musicians in the band were. The humanities teachers were very supportive and understanding as well. It was great knowing them!!! Racial Harmony Week went well and it’s good to see that Sengkang Secondary takes this event quite seriously. It was an eye-opener for me as well.

Sometimes I had so many classes to cover, giving me little air to breathe and sometimes there was either one class to take or no classes at all! Overall, I did enjoy the time when I was at Sengkang and the one and only time when I really lost my cool was when 3E3 were acting like monkeys in the lab. That behaviour was unacceptable and I blasted at them. The class immediately turned silent, so silent that you could even hear a pin drop! After that, I really didn’t want to blast at any class….To me, it wasn’t a good feeling.

Anyway, that’s all I can write for the moment. I will write more when days are approaching!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home