Sunday, February 05, 2006

What A Day!!

Yesterday was filled with much activities although there were only 2 events.

Woke up with much excitement as today I knew there was lunch @ rachel's place and later tasha's wedding @ fort canning centre.

First, Rachel's place. Fetched Jenny and John from their respective homes and then drove to Rachel's place for lunch. There we met Rachel, Alastair and Alexander and other people from the other Choice weekend. Had lots of fun as well. Alastair's parents dropped by and they were excellent :) they were extremely nice and it was definitely good to have them on board with us. In fact, Rachel told me that a bbq is in the works and I would be looking forward to it! I am really really happy to be doing the webpage for Rachel and I am hope that she is happy too!!

Second, Tasha's wedding. Met Diana @ Thomson Plaza and she was very angry as the gift that she bought for Tasha broke when someone knocked into her. So I suggested that she go to NTUC to get another bottle which she did. Diana was trying to call Terence for quite a while now but he did not answer the phone. She called Terence's grandmother who said that Terence was sleeping. It's quite complicated anyway.

So to cut the story short, we picked Terence up @ his place and then we went to the wedding venue. The wedding was....I would say different. The usual Hindi music blasting over the wedding room..Can't even hear what Terence was saying. We couldn't even hear what the waiter was saying even!

I think this would be my first and last time going to a wedding like this. The Chinese and Malay weddings are ok with me. By the way, guess what? I met my ex-classmate, Gurdeep Singh! He was in the band that was playing. So when the band took a break, I took the opportunity to look for him.

It was really good meeting up with him and we talked for quite a while. Got his contact number and hope to catch up with him sometime later...

The bridegroom was suggesting that the 4 of us (Balan, Terence, Diana and Myself) go to his place for champagne. I actually didn't want to go but since I didn't want to spoil the mood so I went. I knew that i would have to take the cab back and resented the fact that I had to pay so much ($14.40). The amount to you may not be so much but when you are not working, you tend to think twice about such matters...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home